Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

The EQUATION of My College days And Its PARAMETERS..( DEDICATED TO PRERNA MA'AM)

Today I really want to thank someone whom I will always respect, remember and I do not have enough word to explain about my thought.

Not many of you will be able to guess the name. So, let me tell you I want to say special thanks from my side and from whole class and MBA department side to our one and only MENTOR PRERNA MA’AM….

In first year I didn’t had any direct interaction with ma’am. I just had known her as a one of the many faculties in my department. Our first interaction happened in second semester when she taught us subject named POM, as we famously called it. At that point we just started to interact with ma’am as a student.

POM was one of the most boring subject in MBA 2nd semester but still due to ma’am teaching way we were always attentive in class but not so in the subject. One thing I want to mention that there are teachers who always ask the question from few set of student but PRERNA ma’am used to still ask questions to the entire student in the class even if she knows that they will not answer it.

SCM and entrepreneurship subject provided me time to always get late in class in 2nd year. Ma’am also provided us the NOTES of the topics. But I don’t want to revel the attendance part just because its TOP SECRET.

Till this period she was only one of many faculties but you can always see why ma’am is different from others. In third semester she became mentor of our class. To be frank till that point I was not sure of mentor role and its need. But in the first interaction class only ma’am made sure she conveys her message to us about being mentor role and what she expects from us in future.

I never believed in the thought that you need good teachers in the MBA in my opinion far from teacher you need more of a motivator and mentor in the MBA who can guide you rather than putting more focus on teaching. I have seen both type of mentor in my MBA life. In first year I never had a single interaction with my mentor at that time but in the second year I had a mentor whom we used to interact daily and tell our though and problems daily related to college, life and profession.   I never believed in the thought that you need good teachers in the MBA in my opinion far from teacher you need more of a motivator and mentor in the MBA who can guide you rather than putting more focus on teaching. I have seen both type of mentor in my MBA life. In first year I never had a single interaction with my mentor at that time but in the second year I had a mentor whom we used to interact daily and tell our though and problems daily related to college, life and profession. 

She always encouraged us to do thing which we thought we will never be able to do. Either it be to participate in debate, quiz contest and helping us matter of studies. As a mentor she has always helped us. Ma’am took personal interest in our MBA BLOG concept and believed in it. She was first to give me her post on the blog which is still on my blog. Though it was not successful for which i wanted but it was good experience. I am still continuing blog with diff. name with help of my friend Deepak. Maybe one day more people will turn out to write and express. I cannot say about other but for me she proved to be the best mentor I had ever after school days. Ma’am pushed me to take part in national summer training competition when even I was not sure about it. I gone to the competition  and won the prize. I still fell it was the better achievement in college life. Now i realize it is not about pushing you to perform better but as a mentor she knows that we can do it even if we doubt ourselves.

I tell you it’s hard to say the entire good thing about GURUS but still I believe a good mentor can be a best thing a student can get. PRERNA MA’AM may not be the teacher in eyes of many students but I will always say she is the one of the finest teacher and mentor in MBA department. In our time at IEC we lost few good faculties but at least ma’am remained.

 I can only say these lines in end of my note……..
A GRAND SALUTE TO THE “DRONACHARYA”, WHO’S DREAM NEVER TASTED THE REALITY OF TURNING US INTO “ARJUNA”, BUT STILL THEY HAVE “FAITH” IN US



Note: I written this note some what a year back but i not on my blog. It was time to make this a Grand entry in my blog. 

2 comments:

  1. yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyad agyi ap sabki :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @deepak rousa..kya baat hai bhai ...hum sab to aapko roj h yaad karte h...

    ReplyDelete

Click here to pen you Comment